I offer Robert Koehler’s commentary. This is the first time that I have seen a progressive writer demand war abolition. I wrote a thank you letter and recommended specifics in future commentaries.
The Fury and the Folly: We Need a Vaccine to Stop Endless War
Humans can start the path to lasting peace by:
1) starting a world-wide anti-poverty program,
2) taxing international arms sales,
3) beginning a moratorium on weapons research,
4) reducing the bloated US military budget by 90%,
5) training our armed forces for disaster relief,
6) establishing a cabinet level War Abolition Department,
7) reducing nuclear weapons to zero , and,
8) negotiating for all the world’s nuclear weapons to go off hair trigger alert.